Monday, November 25, 2013

LESSON OF SUCCESS : The Legacy of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr The Hong Piow



Last 2 week, when I try to figure out what title for my book review? Suddenly, I saw my lovely nephew was playing with a book. The name of the book is “LESSON OF SUCCESS : The Legacy of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr The Hong Piow” . When I read it, it was book from my sister-in-law ex-company, Public Bank.

As you already know, my sister-in-law is still in unconscious and paralyzed condition since a year ago. It almost 2 month she was admitted to Gleneagles Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Her employer pays for all the expenses. My lovely nephew that I always mention is Faris who is her first child before comma. I hope that she will recover and be able to continue raising her son. Please pray that she will be always happy with her loving family

I was respect about her company and how Public Bank management staff appreciates their staff. The thing that I want to share with you is about the book of the chairman of Public Bank.


LESSON OF SUCCESS : The Legacy of Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Dr The Hong Piow
Author : Dr Victor S.L.Tan
Year :2011

The aims of this book are to share the secrets of success of the man behind the Bank that was recently named The Most Award Winning Bank by Malaysia Book of Records.

Based on the book, the definition of success consists of 6 components:



There are 8 success principles that have guided Tan Sri the as he led Public Bank’s growth from a single branch bank to a corporate giant today with more than 17000 competent and committed staff.

Here is Tan Sri The’s 8 Principles of success onto the Public Bank Logo:


Principle 1 : Know Your Purpose
Principle 2 : Be Passionate About Your Chosen Field
Principle 3 : Be People Oriented
Principle 4 : have Perseverance To Overcome All Odds
Principle 5 : Be Proactive In Thought And Action
Principle 6 : Practise Professionalism
Principle 7 : Maintain Prudence
Principle 8 : Be Positive Towards Work and Life

I hope the lesson of success from this book will give the new step of innovation for other company. It not only about your company but being people-oriented does make great business sense. Happy and satisfied employees are committed and productive employees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment